With this Iron Banner, there’s a few new armor pieces as well as updated bounties that are more rewarding.
For more about what’s changed, check out this guide.[divider]
What Hasn’t Changed
- You’re randomly rewarded armor and weapons when you win a match.
- Unlock more gear for purchase from Lord Saladin by increasing your rank.
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved for this (and only this) Iron Banner.
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam.
- New armor for each class.
- There are now five reputation ranks, which will be reset at the start of each new Iron Banner.
- Iron Banner armor now has the ability to raise your Light level to 31, while using 1 Exotic & Raid armor piece as well.
- The Tempered buff is a player-activated 12 hour boost in reputation gains.
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners, but partial reputation is awarded to the losing team via Medallions.
- You’re able to Reforge your weapons for Motes of Light.
Current IB bounties/Gear & Gameplay
The weapons cost 11,500 Glimmer each.
|Efrideet’s Spear||Sniper Rifle||Impact, Range||Rate of Fire, Stability, Magazine|
|Felwinter’s Lie||Shotgun||Impact, Range, Magazine||Rate of Fire, Stability, Equip/Reload, Ammo|
|Gheleon’s Demise||Scout Rifle||Impact, Range||Rate of Fire, Stability|
|Jolder’s Hammer||Machine Gun||Impact, Range||Rate of Fire, Stability, Magazine, Ammo|
|Perun’s Fire||Fusion Rifle||Charge Rate, Equip/Reload||Impact, Magazine, Stability, Range|
|Radegast’s Fury||Rocket Launcher||Blast Radius, Velocity||Rate of Fire, Stability, Magazine|
|Silimar’s Wrath||Auto Rifle||Rate of Fire, Reload||Impact, Range, Stability|
|Skorri’s Revenge||Pulse Rifle||Rate of Fire, Magazine, Recoil||Impact, Range, Equip/Reload|
|Timur’s Lash||Hand Cannon||Impact, Range||Rate of Fire, Stability, Recoil|
Seeing a trend? Hard-hitting from a distance, but slow and unstable. Good weapons for methodical Guardians.
You will not get Ascendant materials for dismantling this armor!
The old armor has been updated slightly, and there’s new armor as well. The new armor pieces, with stats unknown, are designated with a “*”
The armor purchased from Lord Saladin costs 9,950 Glimmer each.
|Jolder’s Iron Sash||Goldspiral||Sigil of the Iron Lords||Birth of History|
|Mantle of Gheleon||Million Million||Scar of Radegast|
|Skorri’s Iron Bond|
There’s 2 new Salvage-specific bounties, though Salvage may not be playable this time around, we’ve listed them for future reference.
|Bounty Name||Required Task|
|A Challenged Claim||Disable 3 Salvage Probes.|
|Anvil of Light||Defeat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.|
|Exacting Measures||Earn 15 Headshot Sprees.|
|Focused Aggression||Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto Rifle headshots.|
|Hard Forged||Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.|
|Heavy Metal||Earn 15 Machine Gun Sprees.|
|Iron Embrace||Defeat 20 Guardians with a close quarters melee attack.|
|Iron Wrath||Defeat 10 Guardians without dying.|
|Of Iron Made||Win 3 Iron Banner matches with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.|
|Rise Above||Complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score.|
|Salvaged Hope||Participate in the capture of 15 Salvage zones.|
|The Chaos and the Calm||Defeat 30 Guardians with machine gun headshots.|
[divider]Iron Banner Lore
Finally, I’m curious to see what you guys think about the lore behind Iron Banner.
There’s nine names on the IB weapons: Efrideet, Felwinter, Gheleon, Jolder, Perun, Radegast, Silimar, Skorri, and Timur. These are most likely the Iron Lords.
The Iron Banner seeks great champions to lead the fight against the Darkness. It was born to honor the Iron Lords and their efforts in the earliest days of the City.
Do the nine names above matter at all? Do you think we’ll learn anything else about them?