- Feather Mag / Hammer Forged – Lightweight / Hand-laid Stock – Focused Fire
- Appended Magazine / High Caliber Rounds – Lightweight / Reinforced Barrel – Rodeo
- Feather Mag / High Caliber Rounds – Single Point Sling / Reinforced Barrel – Hip Fire
None of these rolls are spectacular, so we’d recommend you wait until next week. Look out for perks like Hidden Hand for PvP or Spray and Play or Feeding Frenzy for PvE.
- Private Eye – Partial Refund – Explosive Rounds / Armor Piercing Rounds / Injection Mold
- Counterbalance – Feeding Frenzy – Explosive Rounds / Quickdraw / Injection Mold
- Surplus – Guerilla Fighter – Explosive Rounds / Quickdraw / Injection Mold
Roll #3 is solid for PvE, especially with Surplus. Your ammo efficiency will be much greater for all of your weapons with Surplus, and Injection Mold will assist you in hitting shots. Guerilla Fighter is extremely situational, but if you can use it anywhere, it would be in PvE.
- Fitted Stock / Oiled Frame – Secret Round – Speed Reload / Rifled Barrel
- Perfect Balance / Casket Mag – Spray and Play – Hand Laid Stock
- High Caliber Rounds / Oiled Frame – Headseeker – Lightweight / Smallbore
You won’t want Hand Laid Stock on Roll #2 for PvP, because this gun needs range badly. Roll #1 fits the bill with Fitted Stock’s stability bonus with Rifled Barrel’s range bonus. Secret Round is middling, but it’s a fair price to pay for a great stat blend. This roll will work well in PvP. Roll #2 can work well in PvE with Spray and Play if you’re interested.
- Surrounded – Spray and Play – Speed Reload / High Caliber Rounds / Smallbore
- Relentless Tracker – Who’s Next? – Speed Reload / Explosive Rounds / Oiled Frame
- Crowd Control – Spray and Play – Snapshot / Explosive Rounds / Smallbore
Roll #3 is solid for PvE purposes. Crowd Control and Spray and Play work hand in hand to encourage killing trash enemies, which helps in strikes, raids and anything in between. Explosive Rounds can help you kill certain enemies in one shot. This should be a popular roll.
- Speed Reload / Heavy Payload – Grenades and Horseshoes – Perfect Balance / Snapshot
- Flared Magwell / Single Point Sling – Surplus – Perfect Balance / Quickdraw
- Speed Reload / Single Point Sling – Grenades and Horseshoes – Perfect Balance / Lightweight
Roll #1 and #3 win out for the obvious bonus of Grenades and Horseshoes. There are small differences between the rolls that you can pick between. The main difference is Heavy Payload on #1 vs Single Point Sling on #3. If you find yourself switching quickly and needing quick rocket shots, try out #3.
Next Week’s Orders
|Thesan FR4||Fusion Rifle||High||Stability (81)|
|Lyudmila-D||Pulse Rifle||High||Range (63)|
|Suros JLB-42||Rocket Launcher||Velocity (67)|
If you’re ever looking out for the perfect fusion rifle, the Thesan FR4 is a must-order. It comes in at 94 Impact and 81 Stability, so you won’t even need to worry about perks. Of course, that doesn’t mean that perks can’t help it; this gun can benefit from range perks, and reload speed is always key in Crucible and Strikes.
With a solid roll, this gun can still do some work in PvP as a legendary primary. It has base range of 63 and stability of 54, so we’ll want to preserve the range while increasing stability to laser-like levels, and a reload perk like Feeding Frenzy would be icing on the cake. Counterbalance is going to be the key, as Hakke Pulse Rifles have an awkward recoil pattern that needs to be corrected for maximum accuracy.
Being a Rocket Launcher, we’re going to be most interested in the rolls rather than the stats, but this launcher will offer us the right stats to be competitive in PvE and PvP. With a high blast radius of 84, magazine size of 2 and velocity of 67, the JLB-42 will give you everything you need to hit your targets, and we highly recommend placing an order to try it out next week.
This shotgun is no different than the Dead Orbit’s Patch-A, the Crucible Quartermaster’s The Next Big Thing or the test shotguns we’ve been using week to week. Basically, this shotgun is a low-impact, high rate of fire archetype that won’t be preferred in PvP but can work in PvE. With Full Auto, it’s finding a niche in Crucible by emphasizing a higher rate of fire than the normal high-impact shotgun.
This shotgun is a low-impact, high rate of fire archetype with 3 in the magazine compared to the Strongbow-D’s 5 in the clip. Usually, higher impact shotguns are the better performers in PvP, and with 3 in the clip, we’d have to see a perfect roll to warrant PvP usage. We’ll look to see if there are any interesting rolls next week regardless, as certain perks like Spray and Play can make shotguns much more viable in PvE.