Could these cool looking Emblems from the Speaker offer hidden bonuses? He sells each of these “Blessing” Emblems for 7 Motes of Light, and until recently, it was assumed that they were similar to any other Emblem (cosmetic).
According to this post on the Bungie forums, the Emblems he sells actually have hidden bonuses. Remember: This has not been proven and they might not have any bonuses at all.
Update: We have off-the-record confirmation from Bungie, that emblems do not have any hidden buffs or bonuses of any kind.
- Blessing of IV – Higher drop chance from enemies on Mars (Cabal)
- Blessing of the Ancients – Higher drop chance from Majors or Ultras
- Blessing of the Gifted – Higher drop rate/cryptarch conversion chance
- Blessing of the Joined – Higher drop chance when in a group
- Blessing of the Knight – Higher drop chance from Hive
- Blessing of the Sentinel – Higher drop chance from Vex
- Blessing of the Skeptic – Higher loot chance on end game rolls
- Blessing of the Speaker – Higher drop chance the higher Light level you are
- Blessing of the Unmade – Chance for more drops from chests
- Blessing of the Watcher – Higher chance of loot from end game rolls and chests
- Blessing of the Zealot – Higher drop chance from The Fallen
- Blessing of Worlds – Chance of more materials looted
Again, all of these may be totally inaccurate, as this is basically speculation with a bit of testing from the community – definitely do some testing yourself too. However, it would make sense that these Emblems provide some type of buff, hence the Blessing name and the high cost for them.
In other news, one of the first Vex Mythoclast gameplay videos have been released! This Exotic Fusion Rifle is actually a primary weapon, acquired in the Vault of Glass on hard mode.
Vex Mythoclast Crucible Gameplay
This is likely the rarest weapon in the game right now.
Speaking of Exotics, be sure to do the level 24+ daily Heroic missions so you can get Ascendant materials, which you’ll need for upgrading Legendary and Exotic items. You can only get these materials from the mission once per day per character, and only if you do it on the higher difficulties.
Finally, if you’d like to listen to Destiny’s full soundtrack before you buy it, here’s a playlist with all 44 songs: