There are three Exotic weapons awaiting Guardians in the Destiny 2 endgame and they’re all rewarded from doing a World Quest. In order to access these World Quests you must have completed the main campaign.
Each World Quest has their own suggested power level you should be at before tackling them, with the highest being 260 for the EDZ quest. As noted in this article, it’s best to complete these when your Power level is at least 260, since Exotics are an easy way to increase your power level.
Let’s start with what’s quite possibly the most difficult gun to obtain so far. The Rat King is an Exotic sidearm with quite an interesting perk: it becomes more effective in combat the more people in your fireteam are using it. A full raid team of 6 Guardians will probably be able to dish out some amazing damage if everyone has one, and due to the nature of its perk, it wouldn’t be surprising at all if Bungie has designed an encounter that will take full advantage of it.
- The first step to acquiring the Rat King is to complete all of the “Enemy of my Enemy” quests on Titan. There are three missions in total, and upon completion you will receive an item that features a riddle for players to solve.
- In order to complete the following riddles/challenges, you’ll need to be in a fireteam with at least one other player.
- Your first task is to complete 3 patrol missions in your fireteam, followed by 2 public events, then 2 Crucible rounds (or 2 Strikes).
- The final challenge is finishing the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining!
- As soon as you drop the boss in the Nightfall, you’ll be awarded with the Rat King sidearm.
Sturm is an Exotic hand cannon, and along with MIDA, is one of the first instances of Bungie giving a weapon certain benefits when used in combination with another weapon. When getting kills with Sturm, your equipped Energy weapon will have it’s magazine refilled from your reserves. In addition, getting kills with Drang will increase Sturm’s precision damage when swapping back to it.
- Start off with the “Uncovering the Past” Quest on Nessus given by Failsafe. Once you finish this chain, you’ll receive two items: the Drang sidearm and an item simply called “Kinetic Weapon” with mysterious instructions etched on it.
- Take this mysterious object to Master Rahool and he will start you on the next step.
- You must decrypt 5 Legendary engrams, 1 Exotic engram, and kill 10 Fallen enemies on Nessus using Drang. Thankfully, faction reward engrams do count for the Legendaries. For the Exotic engram, your best bet is probably to farm heroic public events.
- From here, you’ll be heading back to the Farm where Tyra Karn will give you your next task.
- The next step of the quest chain is going to require more killing Fallen while meeting certain conditions. You’re going to need to repeatedly kill 3 enemies in a row without reloading as well as defeating 10 Fallen majors.
- The final step of the quest chain is entering a modified version of the Exodus Black Strike. Your task is to kill a special named Servitor. It’s possible to do this step solo or in a fireteam.
- Head back to the Farm after killing the Servitor and Tyra will have Sturm waiting for you.
One of the undisputed best primary weapons from Destiny 1, and amazingly, it’s one of the easiest to obtain. It functions in much the same way as it did previously. Like Sturm, it also gains combat bonus’ when used in conjunction with the new MIDA Mini-Tool SMG weapon.
- Start and complete the “Enhance!” Quest.
- Once this has been accomplished, pay a visit to Devrim Kay and he will reward you with the MIDA Mini-Tool. You’ll also receive an item that you must return to Banshee-44 in the Tower.
- Banshee will task you with getting some kills with scout rifles; 50 precision shots and 25 kills without reloading.
- After that, you’ll need to dismantle 5 rare/legendary scout rifles.
- With the scout rifles dismantled, your final task will see you using an SMG to get 50 aerial kills.
- Then head back to the Tower in order to claim your prize from Banshee-44.