Published on: Apr 30, 2015 @ 19:57
You can find the full weekly update at Bungie.net
From the highlight reel
- Trials of Osiris is a special Crucible event in the House of Wolves
- This new PVP endgame activity features an Elimination gametype
- Every weekend, the event will take place on a different map
- Form a three-player Fireteam and matchmake against opponents
- Win more games to unlock better rewards
- Lose three games and your Trial is over
- You can enter as many times as you wish
- Each event runs from Friday until the weekly reset
- See Brother Vance in the Reef to test yourself!
Our live reveal was merely the capstone for a pyramid of conversation about the Trials of Osiris, and other changes coming to the Crucible. While our pre-made Fireteams were duking it out in a Burning Shrine on Mercury, special guests to our studio were cleared to voice their opinions about what they experienced right here at Bungie. Fan out and find them!
Bungie.net is also home to a new Trials of Osiris event page, along with the rest of our own evolving coverage of what’s been said about the House of Wolves. Check it out to see the new maps that will expand your personal war to become a legend in the Crucible.
Keep an eye on those pages. Next week, we’re going to prison:
Prison of Elders Reveal
Wednesday, May 6th
11 AM Pacific
Professor Broman has been sentenced to do some hard time. We’ll see if he can survive a battle against the inmates. Will he be trapped in there with them? Or will they be trapped in there with him?
Tune in for the answer to those and other questions.
“What about those Crucible changes?”
Shortly before the hunt for the House of Wolves begins on May 19th, all players will download Update 1.2.0 for Destiny.
Check out this preview of some of the details we released this week, as compiled with Senior Crucible Designer Derek Carroll:
- The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed
- Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities
- Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day
- Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match
- Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5
- And, finally, these maps from The Dark Below will become the domain of all and be added to the standard rotation for select playlists:
As always, the full suite of changes will be itemized and scrutinized in the Patch Notes. We’ll set your expectations for the exact date when all these changes arrive as it draws nearer.