Published on: Sep 20, 2015 @ 14:54
Touch of Malice offers one of the most interesting Exotic perks in Destiny, and is perfect for some of the King’s Fall bosses. This guide will outline what you need to do to acquire this weapon from Eris.
Tip: Calcified Fragments are bound to your character – they’re not shared between your account for this Exotic Quest.
Before we get into what you’ll need to do to obtain this weapon, these are its perks:
- Intrinsic: Touch of Malice – Final round of the magazine regenerates and deals bonus damage at the cost of the wielder’s life force.
- (Hidden) Auto-fire; you can hold down the trigger to keep shooting.
- Selectable: Soft Ballistics, Smooth Ballistics, Smart Drift Control
- Eye of the Storm – This weapon becomes more accurate as your health gets lower.
- Selectable: Snapshot, Hammer Forged, Flared Magwell
- Touch of Mercy – Three rapid kills will return a portion of the wielder’s health.
How to Obtain
1. Shattered Past
Your journey will start with the Shattered Past Quest from Eris in which she tasks you to obtain 5 Calcified Fragments.
After collecting 15 Calcified Fragments, she’ll offer you the “Hunger Pangs” Quest, which requires you to go on a mission to kill Bracus, a special Taken Centurion at the bottom of the Salt Mines in Bunker WAR-4.
2. The Old Hunger
The next step in obtaining this Exotic scout rifle is “The Old Hunger” Quest. Once you zone into the raid for the first time, The Old Hunger will be active.
The first step requires you to go into the raid and obtain 3 different Exotic items:
- Blade of Famine can drop from the Warpriest
- Shroud of Ir Anûk can drop from the Deathsingers
- The Ravenous Heart can drop from Oryx
After acquiring each item from King’s Fall, Eris asks you to collect 25 Wormspore, 50 Hadium Flakes and 50 Weapon Parts.
Of the three, Hadium Flakes will require the most effort. Keep farming chests in the Dreadnaught until you get your 50; along the way, you’ll get plenty of Wormspore, and you probably already have enough weapon parts. After giving her these items, she will offer you an Antiquated Rune – but it doesn’t stop there! You’ll need to collect 30 Calcified Fragments to continue.
3. Hunger Pangs
After forming the frame, and collecting a total of 30 Calcified Fragments, the Hunger Pangs chain will become active once more.
After talking to Eris, you’ll now need to enter The Undying Mind Strike and kill Morgath, Lore-Keeper who’s located at the very end. Once you kill this special Taken Knight, return to Eris, and she rewards you with a Stolen Rune.
To continue this Exotic quest, you’ll need to obtain at least 45 Calcified Fragments.
After obtaining 45 Calcified Fragments, you will return to the Fear’s Embrace mission on Phobos to kill Mar-Zik, the Blightcaller, a Taken Wizard that spawns when Echo of Oryx has almost been defeated. Once again, after killing this target, return to Eris.
Finally, after killing the special Taken Wizard, Eris will have the Touch of Malice for you. Head back to the Tower to claim it from her!
We’ll have a review of this weapon in the near future!